Essential ECGINTERACTIVE 6-HOUR ONLINE COURSE
- Comprehensive, engaging course covering an organized approach to ECG and arrhythmia interpretation
- Provides the core cognitive knowledge to rapidly and systematically interpret ECG abnormalities and arrhythmias, a skill critical to all emergency providers
- Is interactive and engaging with easy-to-read text, detailed graphics, and voice over narration
- Can be completed in multiple sessions
MAJOR LEARNING GOALS
- Utilize a systematic approach to interpret 12-lead ECGs and rhythm strips
- Describe the features and typical morphology of complexes that define a normal 12-lead ECG
- Diagnose important clinical conditions through recognition of common ECG patterns and correlation with underlying physiology
- Identify specific rhythm diagnoses through analysis of P-wave and QRS-complex characteristics and their interrelationship
NURSING CONTACT HOURS
- The Gordon Center for Simulation and Innovation in Medical Education is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Learners must complete the entire activity and score 72% or higher on the post-test to receive 6 contact hours.
- No conflict of interest exists for any individual in a position to control the content of this educational activity.
- Release date: 12/05/2019. Expiration date: 12/05/2022. Contact hours will not be awarded for any courses completed after this date.
PREHOSPITAL CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
- This activity is approved for 6 credit hours by the Florida Emergency Medical Services, 20-691532.