Survive the Ride
Free For Florida First Responders
INTERACTIVE 2-HOUR ONLINE COURSE
- Addresses how to manage motorcycle collisions, which account for a disproportionate burden of vehicle fatalities in the U.S.
- Provides the core cognitive knowledge to rapidly evaluate, stabilize, and transport the motorcycle crash patient
- Is participatory and simple to navigate, with easyto-read text, graphics, and voice over narration
- Can be completed in multiple sessions
2 hours of continuing education credit*
MAJOR LEARNING GOALS
- Describe the magnitude of the motorcycle crash injury burden in Florida
- List the components of a motorcycle injury prevention program
- Discuss the difference in injury risk between motorcycle collisions (MCCs) as compared to motor vehicle collisions (MVCs)
- Describe the risk factors that contribute to MCCs
- Summarize the different types of MCCs and how the mechanism of blunt injury can affect triage decisions
- Describe the basic and advanced skills for patient management and stabilization
*This CE activity is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Pre-hospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) for 2 advanced credit hours.
Funded by the Florida Department of Transportation
Online Training and Education Courses
e-GCRME hosts medical training and education for medical students, paramedic/firefighters, other first responders, physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and instructors. Many of our courses are FREE, or free for Florida Personnel.